Table of contents
- 1. Quick set up steps for your SWS
- 2. Stage 4 - Finding the SWS GUI (Graphic User Interface)
- 2.1.1. Stage 5 - Connecting and updating your Seneye USB device
- 2.2. Stage 6 - Marine Tick
- 2.3. Stage 7 - Fit and register your slide: Register your slide
- 2.4. Stage 8 - Setting up a WiFi module
Quick set up steps for your SWS
- Take your slide out of the packaging and SOAK YOUR SLIDE for 24 hours before for freshwater tanks and 48 hours before for salt water tanks.
- Please Note: Do not put your slide in tap or RO water, use a cup of your original tank water into which you plan to put your device after soaking.
- Keep the package that your slide came in, as it has the code on it which you will need for the slide activation once you have set up your tank and devices.
- Set up your SWS (detailed instructions below)
- Connect your SUD
- After soaking the slide either 24 hours (For freshwater) or 48 hours (For saltwater) insert the slide into your SUD device. Detailed instructions: http://answers.seneye.com/en/Seneye_Products/seneye_slide_NH3_pH/registering_your_seneye_slide
- Activate your slide on your Dashboard (seneye.me)
The seneye device is a standard USB powered device so it needs a power supply of 5v at a minimum 500mV (milli volts).
Using a low quality or underpowered plug top transformer will cause issues with readings.
DO NOT CONNECT THE SWS TO THE EDIMAX WI-FI ADAPTOR UNTIL INSTRUCTED
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED ANY PART OF THE SYSTEM 2nd HAND PLEASE CONTACT US
Detailed SWS set up instructions
Stage 1 - Creating a seneye.me account
If you already have a seneye account please proceed to stage 2.
If you are a new user please register an account at www.seneye.me. You will need to use the E-mail address that you want your alerts sent to.
Once you have registered, please ignore any details on the Welcome E-mail that mention downloading the seneye connect application. Once your registration is complete, please continue through these instructions.
Stage 2 - Registering the SWS to your account
Please go to the following link to register your SWS to your account.
You will be asked for your E-mail address, password, and the details that are on the sticker on the SWS packaging. An example of this is shown below:
Please note that O is the letter O and not the number 0 in the ID
Stage 3 - Connecting the SWS to your Local Area Network
If you are using any products such as BT Parental Controls or SKY shield or other internet security services then the SWS may not be able to communicate with the seneye servers. Please click here for more information.
DO NOT CONNECT YOUR DEVICE TO THE SWS YET
A. CONNECT ETHERNET
1. Plug the Ethernet cable (supplied) into the purple port on your SWS
2. Then connect the other end of the cable directly to your router.
B. CONNECT POWER
1. Plug the USB power adaptor (supplied) into the mains.
2. Connect one end of the micro USB cable (supplied) into USB power adaptor.
3. Connect the other end into the micro USB port (black port) of the SWS.
Your SWS will now boot up:
When your SWS boots, the lights on the front will flash in the following sequence:
Stage 4 - Finding the SWS GUI (Graphic User Interface)
Open a web browser on a device that is on the same area network as your router. If you are not on the network, the GUI will not be accessible.
Your URL was provided when you registered your SWS. If you do not have this, use your ID to create and enter the URL that will take you to your SWS GUI, an example is given below to show the format
Find your SWS ID on the label on the front of the SWS. If you don't have this label anymore then it can be found by unclipping the back cover of the SWS.
This is what your SWS GUI will look like, don't forget to bookmark it so you can access it easily!
For more information on how to use your GUI follow this link: http://answers.seneye.com/en/Seneye_Products/sws/instructions/SWS_Graphic_User_Interface_(GUI)
If you cannot find your SWS GUI, then please contact us at [email protected]
Stage 5 - Connecting and updating your Seneye USB device
Connect your seneye USB device (SUD) directly to the SWS.
You must connect the SUD directly to the SWS and not use any form of extension leads as the SUD will not communicate correctly.
If the SWS has detected that the firmware is out of date, it will put the SUD in boot load mode, and the SUD tile on the GUI will tell you to keep your device connected.
Do not disconnect your SUD from the SWS until the tile shows the image below and the LEDs on the front of the SWS are still circling.
Once the tile above is shown and the lights have stopped circling, disconnect the SUD from the SWS and reconnect it to complete the update.
You will be able to see the update has been successful because the lights will illuminate. If the device is out of water, the lights on the front will flash as shown below:
Please make sure you keep your web server in a dry place, away from water and humidity. If you are unable to do this, please purchase our DRI box. Or follow the link to our commercial catalogue and take a look at our nodes which are more suited to outside conditions.
Stage 6 - Marine Tick
If you are using your sensor in saltwater you will need to check the Marine Tick box for your sensor so that it can adjust pH readings accordingly. If you are using your sensor in freshwater you do not need to make this adjustment and can skip ahead to Stage 7.
Once your sensor has been connected to your Seneye Web Server, and the firmware has been updated if it needs to be, you can check the Marine Tick box using the Seneye Web Server's GUI.
Click on the SUD settings tile on your Web Server's GUI:
Then check the Marine Tick and press save:
You can always uncheck the Marine Tick box at a later stage if you want to use your sensor in freshwater instead of saltwater.
Stage 7 - Fit and register your slide: Register your slide
Stage 8 - Setting up a WiFi module
Now that your SWS is registered to your account and your SUD is connected, you can set up any adaptors that you are using for the connection. If your SWS came with a WiFi adaptor module, please refer to the instructions in the link below as to how to set this up (we recommend setting the WiFi plug up as a Wifi adaptor/WiFi Bridge).
The Edimax instructions are here
Your seneye.me account will not produce graphs unless the seneye USB device is in water.
You may also find the following links useful to get the most from your new seneye device.