The following page details some of the potential problems you may encounter whilst setting up your SWS
SWS will not connect to the LAN (network light off)
Please try rebooting your router.
Try a different Ethernet cable.
Ensure that your SWS is powered and shows the power light.
Enure that UPNP (universal plug and play) is enabled on the port of your router
Using extension cables incorrectly
SWS will not connect to the seneye servers (connection to the seneye server light off)
Ensure that your router has an internet connection.
Try removing any firewalls between the SWS and the router.
SWS will not stay connected to the seneye servers (connection to the seneye server light flashing)
If the light is flashing then there is a connection to the servers so you can continue with the setup. The flashing light will indicate a lack of UPNP connection on your router. Please ensure that this is on, on your router. The system will still work without UPNP but with the following limitation:
Without UPnP, changes are made on the seneye.me dashboard (such as an alert level changing) will not be downloaded instantly to the SWS. This means that the warning light on your seneye USB device may remain on for a period of time after the change. The update will be downloaded with the next communication cycle with the servers.
SWS GUI not loading?
Please note that not being able to see the GUI doesn't mean that the device isn't connected and uploading to seneye.me.
If readings are landing on seneye.me there is a local network or browser issue.
To help please try each of the following in order:
- Ensure you are connected to the same network as the SWS as this cannot be accessed from other networks.
- Use a different browser to connect such as Google Chrome/Firefox/Windows Edge etc
- Try accessing the GUI directly via its IP address - you can find this inside your router on a list of devices attached to the network
- Try connecting from different devices
- Try clearing the cache and cookies from your browser and try to reconnect
- Try turning off any mobile data and trying again to connect.