How to set up the Edimax Wi-fi Module
Wi-Fi : Edimax N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender
Before you start:
- If you haven't finished setting up your SWS please do this before setting up the Edimax
- Do not connect anything to the Edimax Ethernet port during setup as this will prevent the final step of setup.
- Please have your wi-fi password at hand.
1) Plug the Edimax into a power socket with nothing attached to its Ethernet port. Press and hold the WPS button for over 30 seconds until the power light starts to flash.
2) On a phone or PC go to your wi-fi network settings. Join the network called “EdimaxEXT.Setup XX”. If the option to join the Edimax network is not there then repeat step 1.
3) Open a web browser and type "edimaxext.setup/" into the address bar (not the search bar). This will take you to the setup page.
4) Press the get started button shown in blue.
5) Select bridge mode, which is the middle option.
- 6) Select the router you want to connect to
7) Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and press next. Remember the password will be case sensitive.
A connection test in now performed.
If you get the password wrong you will get this screen - DO NOT APPLY IT - go back and enter the password again.
8) If the set up is successful it will look as below and have a green tick. You can then press apply.
You will see the congratulations screen.
Now you can disconnect the seneye web server from your router and connect it to up to the Edimax as shown in the bottom of the two images.
The full user manual for the Edimax EW-7438RPn V2 is available here.