Table of contents
seneye recommend the following two modules for use with the seneye web server in order to connect to your router if it is too far away to connect directly.
If you have a pond or aquarium a long way from your router, but on the same power circuit, an Ethernet over power adaptor may be better than Wi-Fi.
Edimax N300 Universal Wi-Fi Extender
L.E.D. light modes
If you haven't finished setting up your SWS please do this before setting up the edimax
You do not need the CD to get the Edimax running and set up.
Do not connect anything to the Edimax Ethernet port during setup it will prevent the final step of set up.
Plug the Edimax in to a power socket with nothing attached to its Ethernet port.
1) Press and hold the WPS button for over 15 seconds until the power light starts to flash.
2) On a phone or PC go to your wi-fi network settings. Join the network called “EdimaxEXT.Setup XX”. If the option to join the edimax network is not there then repeat step 1.
3) Open a web browser "edimaxext.setup/" into the address bar (not search bar). This will take you to the setup page.
4) Press the get started button shown in blue.
5) Select bridge mode
- 6) Select the router you want to connect to
7) Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and press next. Remember the password will be case sensitive.
A connection test in now performed.
If you get the password wrong you will get this screen - DO NOT APPLY IT - go back and enter the password again.
8) If the set up is successful it will look like below and have a green tick. You can then press apply.
You will see the congratulations screen.
Now you can disconnect the seneye web server from your router and connect it to up to the Edimax as shown in the bottom of the two images.
The full user manual for the E
dimax EW-7438RPn V2 is available here.
Ethernet Over Power (E.O.P.)
Recommended product (click to buy UK plug out):
L.E.D. light modes
The full user manual for the Edimax HP-5102ACK is available here.